- Department of International and European Studies
- Department of Educational & Social Policy
- Department of Music Science & Art
Originally the Graduate School of Industrial Studies had two Departments (Economical Studies and Business Administration). Today the University of Macedonia has the following departments:
- Department of Economics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of International and European Studies with two separate majors International and European Studies and Diplomacy.
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Applied Informatics
- Department of Educational and Social Policy.
In addition to these two more Departments have been established and accepted students for the first time in September 1998. These Departments are:
- Department of Balkan Slavic and Oriental Studies which is the only one in Greece.
- Department of Music Science and Art
Finally in 2004 two more departments were established: the Department of Marketing and Operations Management (its campus is located in the city of Edessa) and the Department of Technology Management (its campus is located in the city of NaousaIn general the aim and the ambition of the Departments of the University is to prepare, in the Economic field, fully qualified scientists, consultants and executives for the public and private sector. Our graduates will be able to cope with the needs of the Greek and International market. In the Social Sciences field the aim of the University is to develop the field with innovative methods for the Greek standards. This is achieved by awarding titles such as Education and Social Policy and Balkan Slavonic and Oriental Studies which is closely related to the Economic Studies.
As far as the Music Studies is concerned, the Department is organised in a similar way with the European Music Academies in order to provide its students more than just theoretical knowledge.