Those who are interested in the Programme can address to the Secretariat of the Interdepartmental Programmes of Postgraduate Studies (I.P.P.S.), building H, ground floor, University of Macedonia, Egnatia Av. 156, Thessalonica, tel. 2310 891-530, for Business Administration, and 2310 891-531 for the Economic Science and Information Systems. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The objectives of the Interdepartmental Programmes of Postgraduate Studies (I.P.P.S.) in Economic Science, Business Administration and Information Systems are:
- The promotion of knowledge in these particular fields.
- The development of research in relevant scientific fields.
- To create scientists capable of pursuing an academic career.
- To fill all requirements of a postgraduate level programme for administration trainees in private and public sector.
- To offer specialized and high standard knowledge, which will lead to a more efficient and effective administration of human and economic resources.
- To motivate administration executives and help them comprehend and confront the challenges of the international business environment.
- To train executives capable of promoting the growth of Greek enterprises so much in the interior, what in the abroad.
- The training of executives for their public administration and by the State depended organisms and services.
2. The aim of I.P.P.S. is to provide postgraduate students with these principles, knowledge and methods that will show them the way to life-long learning and to further development. Based on this “philosophy”, teaching professors use various methods, as applied research, case studies, games, simulations, etc.
It is made clear that in I.P.P.S. programmes quality is of primary importance. Therefore, quality and its continuous evolution must characterize the programmes of studies, and more specifically, the courses and their teaching methods, the relationships between teachers and postgraduate students, the cooperation within the Departments and the services of the University, the secretarial support and the collaboration on research projects and other events with private enterprises but also with organizations of the wider public sector.
3. I.P.P.S.s, according to law 2083/92, article 10, paragraph 3, can collaborate with equivalent postgraduate programmes from local or foreign Universities and Research Institutions (recognized by the Greek Government), which have sufficient scientific personnel and they are supplied with the material and technical infrastructure. (The Special Interdepartmental Committee of each I.P.P.S. has the obligation to inform in advance the Senate about such collaborations).
4. I.P.M.S.s accept applicants from local Universities or from foreign recognized institutions.
Interdepartmental / Interdisciplinary
Master of Arts in International Relations and Security
- Master in Information Systems (MIS)
The program focuses on the applications of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to Economy, Society, Education, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting and on the advancement of academic research in the related fields, providing valuable skills for professional and academic development both in public and in private sector.
The objective of the program is to provide specific post-graduate level knowledge in International Relations, International Security, International Organizations and every other subject relevant to the educational fields of the Supreme Joint War College. The program is attended only by the students of Supreme Joint War College (SJWC).
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Department of Business Administration
- Master in Health Care Management (MHM)
It is a three semester graduate degree that aims at promoting the development of management competencies by combining academic knowledge and practical skills necessary to lead health care organizations at a ministerial, regional, hospital and primary care level.
- Master in Tourism Management (MTM)
The aim of the MTM (Master of Tourism Management) program is: (a) to operate professionally in the field of tourism business (such as hotels, travel agencies, and catering companies) or organizations (such as DMO's, convention bureaus, local tourist authorities), (b) to promote the development of research and practical applications of the respective areas.
- Master in Business Analytics and Data Science (MBADS)
This is a three semester Masters Program that aims at providing the knowledge and practical expertise to perform in-depth analysis of the various forms and large volumes of data that organizations possess today. These skills are developed based on concepts and methodologies from the fields of Statistics, Operations Research and Data Management.
- Master in Taxation and Financial Management of Strategic Decisions
Department of Accounting and Finance
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION SCIENCES
Department of Applied Informatics
- Master ofScience in Applied Informatics
1. Computer Systems and Network Technologies
2. Computational Methods and Applications
3. Business Computing
4. E-Business and Innovation Technology
The Graduate Program of the Department of Applied Informatics offers high quality graduate level education in Informatics and equips its graduates with a strong background, experience and know-how for the adoption of best practices in applying computing knowledge to meeting society's needs in economics, management and education.
Department of International and European Studies
- Master's Degree in European Policies on Youth, Education and Culture
The Master's Degree in European Policies on Youth, Education and Culture Program is primarily intended to provide graduate level education so that graduates gain a strong scientific background in designing and managing the European Union's policies on youth, education and culture, as well as serious academic and professional prospects.
- Master's Degree in European Integration and Governance
MSc in European Integration and Governance provides graduates with strong scientific background across a wide range of EU policies and concepts in order to gain a thorough understanding of the process of European integration in both its economic and political dimensions and of designing, managing and implementing EU policies.
- Master's Degree in International Public Administration
Εntirely in English
The aim of this course is to provide students, employees in the public and private sector, as well as people considering a career change, with an education that will prepare them for employment in International Organizations, the Diplomatic Service or in positions where knowledge of the International System and its functions is important.
Department of Educational and Social Policy
- Post Graduate Degree in Lifelong Learning and Special Education
1. Master of Arts inLifelong Learning
2. Master of Arts in Special Education
The Post Graduate Program contributes to the advancement of scientific knowledge and research in the fields of Lifelong Learning and Special Education. Its graduates master high expertise and specialized knowledge, valuable for research and professional reasons in the domains of formal and non-formal education.
- Master of Science in Special Education and Rehabilitation
1. Visual Impairments,
2. Mild Educational Needs,
3. Intellectual Disability, Multiple Disabilities
Investigation, development, adaptation and dissemination of modern approaches to special education, support, and rehabilitation of people with disabilities and / or special educational needs.
- Master of Science in Communication Disorders and Sciences
Τhe program's scope is to provide expertise training in research and clinical practice in the field of communication disorders (speech-language therapy). The components of the training include diagnosis and assessment of children and adults with communication disorders, preventive care and intervention in individual, medical and educational settings.
- Master of Science in Neuroscience and Education
The primary emphasis of this interdisciplinary program is on understanding the neurobiological foundations of behavior and cognition, with special reference to education; the curriculum ranges broadly over diverse areas of neuroscience, using levels of analysis from molecules and cells to the integrative action of the nervous system.
Department of Music Science and Art
- Master in Musical Arts
The primary objective of this Master program is to ensure scientific competence and artistic realization of students; to promote their specialization and to cultivate high-level skills and knowledge in the field of musical art treated in the Department; to forward research and to promote the Greek musical creation.
- Master in Music and Society
1. Music Education
The main objects of the Masters Program are: a) teaching of music in a variety of formal, non-formal and informal pedagogical contexts; b) music therapy as a main or complementary therapeutic intervention for people with disabilities, special population groups, socially marginalized groups, and improving their quality of life.
SCHOOL OF ECONOMIC AND REGIONAL STUDIES
Department of Balkan, Slavic and Oriental Studies
- Master's Degree in Politics and Economics of Contemporary Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
Εntirely in English
The Program aims at offering a comprehensive and in depth analysis of both political and economic developments in the region of Eastern and South Eastern Europe, emphasising the interrelation between the two, and setting their institutional and social context. It welcomes students from all over the world as all courses are taught in English.
- Master's Degree in History, Anthropology and Culture in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
It examines the long-term historical changes in order to increase knowledge on distant neighbours of Greece concerning their institutions and social organization, but above all on activities, memories and experiences of people in everyday life. It provides specialization in the area studies from the perspective of History, Anthropology and the studies of Culture.
Interdepartmental / Interdisciplinary postgraduate studies in partnership with other Universities
- Master of Science "Law and Economics"
University of Macedonia: Department of Economics (coordinating department)
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: Department of Law
1. Law and Economics in Business
2. Law and Economics in Government Policy
3. General Law and Economics
The aim of the course is to provide postgraduate students with specialized knowledge combining the scientific areas of Law and Economics. The program goals are the complete preparation of the graduates for a successful career as long as the promotion research on the combination of the two sciences, which may lead to doctoral studies.
- Master of Science "Law and Informatics"
University of Macedonia: Department of Applied Informatics (coordinating department)
Democritus University of Thrace: Department of Law
This unique Greek Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Program in Law and Informatics focuses on the research a) of the legal framework governing Informatics and its applications and b) of Informatics as a tool for the legal research and practice. Due to the fact that Informatics has penetrated into all aspects of modern life, this Program offers a highly valued academic and professional specialization.
Master of Science in Advanced Computer and Communication Systems
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: Departments of 1)Electrical and Computer Engineering (coordinating department) 2) Medicine 3)Musical Studies and 5) Journalism and Mass Media
University of Macedonia: Department of Accounting and Finance
1. Network Computing and e-Commerce
2. Intelligent Systems
3. Information and Communication Technologies Application in the Mass Media.
The program offers specialized knowledge on the use and development of advanced applications of the information and communication technologies. It also seeks to reinforce the interdisciplinary research, the undertaking innovative projects of applied research with the purpose of developing the respective manufacturing facilities.
Department of Academic Development and Postgraduate Studies
T: + 30 2310891 612