International E-Conference “The Role of Intercultural Dialogue in Managing Diversity in Europe”
The Jean Monnet Project “Enhancing the Debate about Intercultural Dialogue, EU Values and Diversity” of the Department of International and European Studies of the University of Macedonia, Greece organizes the International E-Conference about “The Role of Intercultural Dialogue in Managing Diversity in Europe” to be held on the 18th and 19th of November from 16:00 to 20:30 Athens Time. The conference is co-organised with the UNESCO Chair of Intercultural Policy for an Active Citizenship and Solidarity of the University of Macedonia.
The Conference will be held Online, via the Zoom Platform. The access link is the same for both days and participants need to register before each day.
The conference has 4 sessions, two during the 18th of November and two during the 19th.
More specifically, the 4 sessions and the Speakers of the Conference are the following:
Session 1: Intercultural and Interreligious Dialogue in Europe- EU Citizens and the Others
- Nikolaos Papadakis, Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Crete, Deputy Director, University of Crete Research Centre for the Humanities, the Social and Education Sciences, Director, Centre for Political Research and Documentation, Crete,
- Alexandra Xanthaki, Professor, Director of Research, Law School, Brunel University, United Kingdom
- Despoina Anagnostopoulou, Associate Professor, Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia, Academic Coordinator, Jean Monnet Project EUVaDiS, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Georgios Mavrommatis, Associate Professor, Department of Preschool Education, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Iulia Sushkova, Dean, Professor, Law Faculty, Ogarev Mordovia State University, Jean Monnet Chair holder, Saransk, Russia
Session 2: Cultural Diversity – Reconciling the Differences
- Joyce Monteiro, Associate Programme Specialist, UNESCO, Paris, France
- Eirini Gouleta, Associate Professor, Department of Educational & Social Policy, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dr. Maria Vlachadi, Department of Computer Science and Telecommunications, University of Thessaly, Lamia, Greece
Session 3: Intercultural Education – New Concepts and Best Practices
- Tien-Hui Chiang, Distinguished Professor, Academy of Globalization and Education Policy, Zhengzhou University, China, Vice-president, RC04, International Sociological Association
- Concepción Maiztegui Oñate, Professor, Universidad de Deusto, Spain
- Christos N. Tsironis, Associate Professor, Department of Ethics and Sociology, Faculty of Theology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Director of the Social Research Center for Culture and Religion, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Sofia Boutsiouki, Assistant Professor, Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Vera Dilari, MSc, National Coordinator ASP net-UNESCO Greece, Scientific Partner of Laboratory of Education Policy, Research, Development and Interuniversity Cooperation, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Katerina Christodoulou, EFL and CLIL Teacher, Ralleio Lykeio Thileon, Greece
Session 4: Interreligious Dialogue
- Lidija Georgieva, Professor, UNESCO Chair holder in Intercultural Studies and Research (2014-2018), University St Cyril and Methodius, Republic of North Macedonia
- Alberto Melloni, Professor, University of Modena-Reggio, Director, John XXIII Foundation for Religious Studies, UNESCO Chair holder on Religious Pluralism and Peace, University of Bologna, Italy
- Dr. Richard Willson, Research Associate, European University Institute, Italy
The conference will take place in English and there will be no simultaneous translation in any language.
Certificates of participation will be awarded and sent via e-mail to the names and addressesregistered after the Conference.