Social exclusion, vulnerable groups and the new EU Social Rights Pillar
The Jean Monnet Project “Enhancing the Debate about Intercultural Dialogue, EU Values and Diversity- EU VaDis”, at the Department of International and European Studies of the University of Macedonia, and the Centre of International and European Economic Law (CIEEL)are co-organizing an e-Conference on "Social exclusion, vulnerable groups and the new EU Social Rights Pillar", that will take place through the Zoom platform on Friday 05 March 2021(17:00-20:30) and on Saturday 06 March 2021 (16:00-20:30).
The contributions of the speakers to thise-Conferenceareorganizedinto5 thematic sessions:
Session 1: The EU Social Rights Pillar (05/03/2021, 17:00- 18:30)
Chair: Christina DELIYANNI-DIMITRAKOU, Em. Professor of Comparative Law, Law School, Jean Monnet Chair EU Social Rights Protection and Comparative Legal Cultures, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Director of the Centre of International and European Economic Law (CIEEL), Thessaloniki, Greece
- Georgios THEODOSIS, Assistant Professor of Labour Law, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, and Member of European Committee Social Rights, Council of Europe
- Ioannis PAPADOPOULOS, Associate Professor, Department of International and European Studies, Director of the Center for Research on Democracy and Law, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dimitrios SKIADAS, Professor, Department of International and European Studies, Jean Monnet Chair on EU Fiscal Governance and Auditing, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
Session 2: Poverty and Social Exclusion in the EU (05/03/2021, 18:45- 20:30)
Chair:Despoina ANAGNOSTOPOULOU, Associate Professor, Academic Coordinator of the Jean Monnet ProjectEU Vadis,Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Gabriel AMITSIS, Professor of Social Security Law, University of West Attica, Athens, Greece
- Kostas CHRYSOGONOS, Professor of Constitutional Law,Law School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Stella CHRISTOFORIDOU, Post-doc Researcher, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dr. Sofia ADAM, Adjunct lecturer at the Department of Social Policy, Democritus University of Thrace, Adjunct Lecturer at the Master Program on Social Solidarity Economy, Hellenic Open University, Greece
Session 3: Empowering vulnerable groups: Roma, person with disabilities (06/03/2021, 16:00-17:20)
Chair:Kalliopi CHAINOGLOU, Assistant Professor, Department of International and European Studies,Universityof Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Tina MAGAZZINI, Research Associate, Global Governance Programme, Robert Schuman Centre for
Advanced Studies, European University Institute, Italy
- Nuno FERREIRA, Professor of Law, University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom
- Delia FERRI, Professor of Law, Maynooth University, Ireland
Session 4: Equality and positive discrimination (06/03/2021, 17:30-19:00)
Chair:Lina PAPADOPOULOU, Associate Professor of Constitutional Law, Law School, Jean Monnet Chair for European Constitutional Law and Culture, Academic Coordinator of the AUTh Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence on “European Constitutionalism and Religion(s)”, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Lori G. BEAMAN, Professor, Canada Research Chair in Religious Diversity and Social Change, Ottawa
- Philippa WATSON, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers, London Professor of Law, City Law
School, Visiting Professor Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom
- Kalliopi LYKOVARDI, Deputy Ombudsman for Equal Treatment, Athens, Greece
- Dr. Elina ASIMAKOPOULOU, Lawyer, Post Doc Researcher of International Procedural Law, Aristotle
University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Session 5: The role of the Courts in interpreting social rights (06/03/2021, 19:15-20:30)
Chair:Virginia TZORTZI, Assistant Professor of EU Law, Law School, Democritus University of Thrace,Secretary ofthe Centre of International and European Economic Law (CIEEL), Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dr. Anastasia POULOU, Mst (Oxford), Judge at the Administrative Court of First Instance, Athens, Greece,
f. Senior Research Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, Munich, Germany
- Dr. Fotis VERGIS, Lecturer in Law, Law School, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- Dr. Dimitrios KOUKIADIS, LL.M., Lecturer of Law, University of Nicosia, Cyprus, Adjunct Professor of Law, Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany
The detailed programme of the event is attached.
Theworkinglanguageofthise-Conference is English and no interpretation will be provided.
The event is free of charge (no attendance fee). Pre-registration is required through this link:
After completing the necessary steps to register, participants will receive to the email they have registered themselves with the link where from the event will be streamed.
Certificates of attendancewill be sent to the participants of the event via the email used for registration.
You can find more information through our website https://jmpeuvadis.uom.gr/ or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JMP.EUVaDis/.For further questions or clarifications please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .