Brief history


he Graduate School of Industrial Studies was established in 1948 by decree No 800/1948 under the surveillance of the Ministry of Education. In 1958 it was renamed to "Graduate School of Industrial Studies in Thessaloniki and became equivalent with all the other Universities in Greece. During that period, the curriculum changed from a three-year program to a four-year program. From the Academic year 1971/1972 the Graduate School of Industrial Studies had two departments the Department of Economics and the Department of Business Administration. In 1990 the Graduate School of Industrial Studies in Thessaloniki was renamed to University of Macedonia Economic and Social Sciences and at the same time three new departments were established which were: