The University of Macedonia is a relatively recent but highly dynamic institution that has already marked its presence in Greece, the Balkan area and the rest of Europe. It shows intense research activity and it is a member of prestigious international higher education organizations. The University of Macedonia also collaborates on a bilateral basis with many Universities (in alphabetical order: Universities in Albania, Bulgaria, France, Italy, Romania, Russian Federation, UK, USA, Serbia) but also within the framework of European Union programs.
Participation in EU and International Programs
The University participates in many inter-university Erasmus+ programs / Key Action 1: Learning mobility of individuals as coordinators or members. In particular, the University participates in Erasmus-ECTS, Alfa, ADAPT, Leonardo, Tempus, Med-Campus programs in the Lifelong Education Program and it holds two Jean Monnet Chairs. Every year the University participates in Europe's largest university and student fairs, such as the Brussels “Salon des Etudiants”, the Geneva Student Exhibition (EDUCA), the International Educational Exhibition of Nicosia, the American University Student Exhibition in Bulgaria etc.
Bilateral Agreements on co-operation with Universities
The University of Macedonia has entered into cooperation with the following Universities:
- Birmingham City University, United Kingdom
- Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Novi Sad and Mazaryk University, Czech Republic
- Diplomatic Institute of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria
- New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Long Island University(LIU), USA
- Missouri State University, USA
- National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Kalmyk State University, Russia
- University Tomsk State, Tomsk, Russia
- University of Kimep, Kazakhstan
- University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- University of Belgrade, Serbia
- University of Lodz, Poland
- Universitatea "Lucian Blaga" din Sibiu, Romania
- Taurida National V.I. Vernadsky University, Ukraine
- Vilnius Business Law Academy, Lithuania
- University of World Economy and Diplomacy, Uzbekistan
- European University of Cyprus
- Cyprus University of Technology
- Charles Darwin University, Australia
- Faculty of Philosophy, Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Sofia University St.Kliment Ohridski, Bulgaria
- University of Concordia, Canada
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Otto-Friedrich-Universitaet, Bamberg, Germany
- Institute of Balkan Studies and Center of Thracology - Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
- Mohammed V University - Rabat
- Gnesins Russian Academy of Music, Moscow Russia
- Frederick University, Nicosia, Cyprus
- University of Banja Luka, The Republic of Srpska, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Tashkent State University of Economics, Republic of Uzbekistan
- Australian Institute of Macedonian Studies, Melbourne, Australia
- Ion Mincu, Architecture and Urban Planning, Bucharest, Romania
- Aix-Marseille University, France, Lumière University, France & French Institute of Thessaloniki (CREABALK)
Bilateral Agreements. Cooperation with Associations and local agencies
- Association of Information Technology Companies of Northern Greece
- Integrity Pact- Hellas
- National Theatre of Northern Greece
- Greek People Management Association (GPMA)-branch of N. Greece
- Municipality of Thessaloniki and Praxsis NGO
- Thessaloniki International Fair- HELEXPO S.A
- Society for Macedonian Studies
- Foundation of the Museum for the Macedonian Struggle
- Australian Institute of Macedonian Studies
- Hellenic Agency for Local Development and Local Government
- Panhellenic Federation of Macedonian Cultural Associations
- Panhellenic Association of Educators of Pontiac Descent
- French Institute of Thessaloniki
- Larissa Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Municipality of Drama
- Greek Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Marbles
- Municipality of Serres
- Center for Hellenic Studies PAIDEIA, USA
- Federation of Greek Pontian Associations in Europe & Panhellenic Association of Educators of Pontiac Descent
- THESSALONIKI CONVENTION BUREAU (TCB)
- Economic Chamber of Greece- Regional Division of Central Macedonia
- Center for Research and Technology Hellas/ Hellenic Institute of Transport (HIT)
- Municipality of Pulaia- Chortiatis
- Thessaloniki Concert Hall
- Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of the National Center of Scientific Research 'Dimokritos'
- Thessaloniki State Symphony Orchestra
- 'Byzantine Thessaloniki', civil partnership with non-profitmaking aims
- Special Education Center
- Movement for the Disabled- 'Drasi gia to kati allo'
- Sensory Friendly Entertainment/ The Happy Art civic non-profit-making organization
- Thessaloniki Film Festival
- Special Vocational Rehabilitation Laboratory 'Panagia Eleousa'
Membership in International Organizations
The University is a member of the following International Organizations:
1. EUA (European University Association): EUA was formed as the result of a merger between the Association of European Universities (CRE) and the Confederation of European Union Rectors’ Conferences.
2. IAU (International Association of Universities).
3. CUM (Community of Mediterranean Universities).
4. EUCEN (European Universities Continuing Education Network).
5. THENUCE (European Thematic Network in University Continuing Education).
6. ASECU (Association of Southeastern Economic Universities): Association founded on the initiative of the University of Macedonia in November 1998 in the University of Macedonia. The Association comprises 27 University- members from the Balkan area. The association’s objectives are as follows: the promotion of collaboration among Economic Universities, Schools and Departments; an effort towards the establishment of close collaboration with other associations bearing similar objectives; the possibilities of degree harmonization with relevant Schools or Departments; the enhancement of research cooperation among Economic Universities, Schools and Departments for the benefit of the economy, the society and cultural development of the countries of Southeastern Europe.
7. EUPRIO (European Universities Public Relations & Information Officers).
8. IAUP (International Association of Universities Presidents).
9. AIMOS Network: The Network was first established during an official meeting in the Senate of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in April 1997 by 20 Universities of the Balkan Peninsula and the regions of Black Sea (access in the Network is open for all Universities based in these countries) and it operates within the framework of European Union Rectors’ Conferences (CRE). The network’s main objective is to upgrade the quality of higher education and research through members’ collaboration-primarilyin the fields of science and culture- based on the area’s cultural and historical heritage.
10. BSUN (Black Sea Universities Network).
11. BUA: BALKAN UNIVERSITIES ASSOCIATION
For information on the above bilateral agreements, please refer to the Department of International and Public Relations, Tel.: +30 2310 891.245, E-mail: email@example.com.