The Accessibility Unit of the University of Macedonia aims essentially at ensuring equal access for students with different abilities and requirements to academic studies and their equal and unrestricted participation in the academic community "life" and the individual actions taking place within the context of their studies. To achieve this goal, the Accessibility Unit of the University of Macedonia will systematically provide the following services:
- Recording the needs of students with disabilities;
- Monitoring and improving accessibility to university premises;
- Online accessibility;
- Production of accessible textbooks;
- Transportation for students with disabilities;
- Training and support for teachers- counsellors of students with disabilities, and department secretariat employees;
- Supporting entrepreneurship for students with disabilities and/or special needs as well as business plans towards the development of products and services for people with disabilities and/or special educational needs.