Invitation to Submit Your Admission Application for Admission
UNIVERSITY OF MACEDONIA
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF APPLIED INFORMATICS
MSc IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DATA ANALYTICS
INVITATION TO SUBMIT YOUR ADMISSION APPLICATION
The Department of Applied Informatics of the University of Macedonia announces the start of the 1st cycle of the Postgraduate Program (MSc) in Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics for the academic year 2019-2020. Lessons start in October 2019.
The Program’s duration is four (4) academic semesters. The first two semesters which have a duration of thirteen (13) full teaching weeks relate to the teaching and examination of courses, while the Master’s Thesis is prepared during the last two semesters. The minimum teaching hours are set to 39 per course including the examination. Each course is taught three (3) hours per week in Greek or English. The option for part-time attendance is not offered. Lessons mainly take place in the morning and early afternoon.
Graduates of University Departments of Informatics and Computer Engineering, as well as graduates of Technical Universities and Departments of Science in Greece or recognized equivalent departments abroad are eligible to apply for the program. Graduates of Departments of Technical Educational Institutes with a similar field of studies are also eligible to apply. Senior undergraduate students can also apply for the program on condition that the remaining courses for degree acquisition are no more than four (4) excluding the thesis (relevant certification from their Department’s secretariat is required). Their admission will be approved on condition that their undergraduate studies will be successfully completed by the starting date of the 1st semester and given that they fulfil all relevant requirements for admission in the MSc program.
The annual number of admitted students is set to a maximum of twelve (12). Attendance for students is free of tuition, fees etc.
The essential supporting documents to be submitted by students are the following:
Printed application form (you can download the form from the program’s site)
1. Detailed curriculum vitae
2. Degree or diploma copy (with a certification of equivalence and recognition provided by the Hellenic NARIC in case of degrees/diplomas issued by foreign institutes)
3. Copy of official transcript of records for undergraduate studies. In case of degrees/diplomas issued by foreign universities, an officially translated and certified copy shall be submitted. If the candidate does not submit a degree copy, the average grade of the current official transcript of records submitted for the admission evaluation will be considered and will not change after submission of degree copy.
4. Two letters of recommendation, preferably by a member of the Research and Teaching Staff.
5. Certificate of English competency. It can be any of the following: a) certificate of English language competency of B2 level (good knowledge) or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), which is recognized by the Supreme Council for Civil Personnel Selection (ASEP); or b) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score at least 72 on the Internet-based test; or c) secondary education graduation diploma or tertiary education Degree issued by an English-speaking University (which has been recognized by the Hellenic NARIC); or d) Degree in English language and Literature. Foreigners, non-holders of a Greek-language education qualification are required to submit an additional certificate of Greek language proficiency issued by the Modern Greek Language School of any University or a Greek Secondary Education Graduation Diploma or a Degree issued by a Greek-speaking University Department.
6. Scientific publications, distinctions and additional diplomas excluding the main degree (if any).
7. Proof of working experience relevant to the field of specialization (if any), submitting the relevant detailed record of contributions.
8. Copy of ID or passport.
You can submit your admission application from 2/5/2019 to 5/7/2019 (post stamp). Admission applications are sent via regular mail at:
MSc in artificial intelligence and data analytics
Department of Applied Informatics
University of Macedonia
156, Egnatia str., P.C 54636, Thessaloniki
The file number of your admission application will be communicated to you via email in the email address included in your application within 3 days from the application’s receipt.
For any inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Coordinator of the MSc