The course aims at introducing students to language structure with emphasis on grammatical phenomena for correct language use. Specially adapted general texts are used towards the accomplishment of this goal. The course aims at the production of correct and structured discourse using the Italian language, adjustment to new situations and respect for multiculturalism. Level A1 of CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages).
Practice in the four fundamental communication skills includes the following:
- Linguistic phenomena analysis and practice through exercises.
- Reading comprehension practice.
- Listening comprehension practice and pronunciation.
- Speaking practice based onthe topics of the textsanalyzed. Examples: greetings for self-introduction, hypothetical market visit, expression of preferences, asking for information etc.
- Written tasks for new vocabulary consolidation, production of written sentences and paragraphs e.g. descriptions, brief letters etc. (writing).
This course is assessed using the following methods:
- Written final exam which includes: multiple choice questions, reading exercises, vocabulary exercises, short- answer questions, grammar exercises.
- Alternatively: ongoing project assessment, mid-term test and oral examination.
Language of instruction: Italian (English and Greek are used to support the teaching process)
THE COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR ERASMUS STUDENTS