Research Paper in English
Aim: developing the skills necessary for the research paper
Description: The course involves reading extensive academic texts of primarily macroeconomic content, which the students process as bibliography sources, extracting the argumentation, and evaluating their reliability.
1. Finding a topic
2. Doing intelligent keyword research
3. Evaluating sources for relevance, readability, reliability
4. The language of the academic essay/ research paper (formal, concise, impersonal)
5. Avoiding plagiarism. Practice on rephrasing strategies (quoting, paraphrasing, summarizing) and on recognising plagiarised texts.
6. Research paper structure
7. The abstract
8. Introduction and Literature review
9. Building an argument
Assessment: The course is assessed by a 2500-word research paper.
Departments: Department of Economics (elective).