Προκήρυξη εισαγωγής μεταπτυχιακών φοιτητών στο M.Sc. in Humanitarian Logistics and Crisis Management για το ακαδημαϊκό έτος 2023-2024 - Παράταση έως 12 Ιανουαρίου 2024
Extended deadline for submission of applications 2022-2023: 12th of January 2024.
INTERINSTITUTIONAL M.Sc. PROGRAMME
M.Sc. IN HUMANITARIAN LOGISTICS AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT
UNIVERSITY OF MACEDONIA - INTERNATIONAL HELLENIC UNIVERSITY
DEPARTMENT OF BALKAN, SLAVIC AND ORIENTAL STUDIES
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Admission of Graduate Students
M.Sc. IN HUMANITARIAN LOGISTICS AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT
The Programme of Studies Committee of the interinstitutional postgraduate programme of studies “M.Sc. in Humanitarian Logistics and Crisis Management” between the Departments of Balkan, Slavic and Oriental Studies of the University of Macedonia and Science and Technology of the University Center of International Programmes of Studies of the International Hellenic University invites interested parties to apply for the interinstitutional postgraduate programme of studies “M.Sc. in Humanitarian Logistics and Crisis Management” for the academic year 2023-2024. The courses of the programme are taught exclusively in English.
1. The “M.Sc. in Humanitarian Logistics and Crisis Management” combines humanitarian logistics with crisis management, providing high quality theoretical and technological knowledge, as well as analytical and technological tools, to cover the need for professionals in the above scientific fields of government agencies including civil protection, national and international organizations, military, police, coast guard, fire department, NGOs, local authorities, private sector companies, as well as academia.
The M.Sc. programme provides interdisciplinary education that combines technological, theoretical and managerial knowledge, as well as technological and analytical tools in humanitarian logistics and crisis management. Graduates obtain the necessary knowledge and skills, in the scientific fields of humanitarian logistics, crisis management, emergency management and business continuity for a successful academic and professional career.
2. The postgraduate studies for this M.Sc. programme lead to the acquisition of a Master’s Degree. During the first semester, all students are required to attend three mandatory core courses and a combination of two elective courses. During the second semester all students follow a further three mandatory courses and a combination of two elective courses. Finally, during the third semester, students can choose either to work exclusively to the Master’s dissertation or to work to the Master’s dissertation and attend the course Consulting Project.
The duration of the full-time study programme in order to obtain the Master’s degree is three (3) academic semesters. For students who so wish, there is also the possibility, upon request, of attending the programme on a part–time basis. In this case, the duration of the Master’s degree will be six (6) academic semesters. In addition, it is possible to attend the programme combining distance learning with traditional face-to-face teaching.
3. To meet entry requirements, candidates should be graduates from Greek Higher Education Institutions or equivalent institutions from abroad, as well as graduates of Greek Higher Military Education Institutions, Hellenic Police Officers' School, Hellenic Coast Guard Officers' School, Hellenic Fire Corps Officers' School.
Graduates of Departments of equivalent institutions from abroad are accepted as candidates, on the condition that their first degree is recognized by the Hellenic National Academic Recognition and Information Center (D.O.A.T.A.P.; https://www.doatap.gr/) in accordance with the current legislation.
In addition, candidates are required to have English language knowledge documented with a relevant certificate, corresponding at least to the State Certificate of Language Learning Level B2 or other certificate proving good knowledge of English. Holders of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Foreign University in English are exempt from this obligation.
4. Tuition fees of 3,200€ are required. The amount is payable in four instalments.
5. The selection of postgraduate students will be undertaken in accordance with the provisions of current legislation based on the relevance of the subject of the candidate’s first degree with respect to the subject area of the postgraduate programme, the grades received in first degree qualifications, the grades received on the thesis and undergraduate courses related to the “M.Sc. in Humanitarian Logistics and Crisis Management”, the candidate’s certified proficiency in the English language, the candidate’s curriculum vitae and recommendation letters. Additional qualifications, such as job experience or additional languages and degrees, will be taken into consideration.
Following an initial selection, interviews will be conducted by phone or Skype.
6. Interested parties are invited to submit an application. Application deadline is the 12th of January 2024.
A maximum of forty (40) students can be enrolled in the M.Sc. programme.
Application documentation must include the following:
- A completed application form found at https://st.ihu.gr/studies/postgraduate/hlcm#admissions.
- Copy of degrees (University degree, other postgraduate degree, etc.). Students that hold an undergraduate degree from a foreign (i.e. other than Greek) university which has not been recognized by the “Hellenic National Recognition and Information Center” (D.O.A.T.A.P. in Greek) will not be eligible to be awarded a postgraduate degree.
- Copy of the transcript of grades all years of undergraduate as well as any postgraduate studies.
- English language knowledge documented with a relevant certificate, corresponding at least to the State Certificate of Language Learning Level B2 or other certificate proving good knowledge of English. Holders of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Foreign University in English are exempt from this obligation.
- At least two (2) recommendation letters. Letters must be signed by faculty members of the candidate’s university or by academics from other educational institutions that are familiar with the candidate's academic background. In case of candidates with significant professional experience, they can also submit letters from people in their professional field.
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- Any other information that, in the opinion of the candidates, would contribute to their more complete evaluation, such as certificates of participation in summer schools, conferences, student exchange programs, IKY scholarships. or other recognized institutions, prizes in competitions, presentations of papers in scientific conferences, proof of participation in research projects, scientific publications, certificates of professional experience, etc.
- A copy of ID or passport.
- A recent passport size photograph
The necessary application documents are submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are advised to include in the subject only the following: FULL NAME AND “APPLICATION 2023-2024”.
The Master’s programme starts in February 2024.
Further information is available on the Master’s programme website: https://st.ihu.gr/studies/postgraduate/hlcm.
Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EE 2016/679)
Prospective students who submit an application and the supporting documents, give their consent to the processing of their personal data for the purpose of assessment of their candidacy in order to become accepted to the postgraduate programme. If a candidate is not selected, his/her details are deleted from the School’s archives within a period of 30 days. A candidate whose application is not successful is entitled to receive the documents submitted, otherwise the documents are destroyed within 30 days.
Thessaloniki, 13 December 2023
The M.Sc. Programme Director